Savins shines following lockdown at Pymoor and District Angling Club
- Credit: Archant
Don Savins produced comfortable victories as he impressed for Pymoor & District Angling Club.
Savins managed to put 9lb 11oz on the scales at the club’s meeting at Branch Bridge on Sunday, July 19, ahead of H. Tung with 5lb 10oz and Mick Bond clocked a 2lb 14oz total to claim third spot.
It was a similar pattern at the club’s sweepstake match on the River Ouse near lark outfall.
Savins clocked a 12lb 9oz weight on the whip, easing past Bond in second with 4lb 14oz on the feeder.
Peter Murfitt also achieved a top three finish with 4lb 10oz on both the whip and feeder.
You may also want to watch:
Angling was one of the first sports to resume competition following the easing of coronavirus lockdown restrictions. The Angling Trust, angling’s governing body for England, has also released guidelines to ensure safe competition, such as fishing on allocated pegs.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’