Savins shines following lockdown at Pymoor and District Angling Club
- Credit: Archant
Don Savins produced comfortable victories as he impressed for Pymoor & District Angling Club.
Savins managed to put 9lb 11oz on the scales at the club’s meeting at Branch Bridge on Sunday, July 19, ahead of H. Tung with 5lb 10oz and Mick Bond clocked a 2lb 14oz total to claim third spot.
It was a similar pattern at the club’s sweepstake match on the River Ouse near lark outfall.
Savins clocked a 12lb 9oz weight on the whip, easing past Bond in second with 4lb 14oz on the feeder.
Peter Murfitt also achieved a top three finish with 4lb 10oz on both the whip and feeder.
You may also want to watch:
Angling was one of the first sports to resume competition following the easing of coronavirus lockdown restrictions. The Angling Trust, angling’s governing body for England, has also released guidelines to ensure safe competition, such as fishing on allocated pegs.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry