Sailing: Wind plays its part on race day
THE majority of competitors took an early bath thanks to a moderate south-westerly wind at Ely Sailing Club s set of races on Sunday. Simon Leeks, Ollie Mair and Alex Tory managed to stay dry and, despite claiming line honours in the first race, Mair he w
THE majority of competitors took an early bath thanks to a moderate south-westerly wind at Ely Sailing Club's set of races on Sunday.
Simon Leeks, Ollie Mair and Alex Tory managed to stay dry and, despite claiming line honours in the first race, Mair he was not far enough ahead of the Solo sailors to maintain the position on corrected time.
Results: First Handicap Race: 1. Alex Tory. 2. Simon Leeks. 3. Gary Ungless. 4. Ollie Mair. 5. John Cant.
Second Handicap Race: 1.Simon Leeks. 2. Alex Tory. 3. Gary Ungless 4. John Cant.
You may also want to watch:
First Solo Class Race: 1.Simon Leeks. 2. Gary Ungless. 3. Maurice Favell.
Second Solo Class Race: 1. Simon Leeks. 2. Alex Tory 3. Gary Ungless.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
First Laser Class Race: 1. Ollie Mair. 2. John Cant.
Second Laser Class Race: 1. John Cant.
Enterprise Class Race: 1. Greg Williams and Alex Tory.
# Visitors to Ely Sailing Club were given a gentle introduction to sailing thanks to a light easterly breeze at the club's open afternoon on Saturday.
An open evening takes place tonight (Thursday) from 6pm until dusk. For more information telephone 01353 662661.