Sailing: Eighteen boats compete for Jamie Butcher Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Eighteen single handed boats competed for the Jamie Butcher Memorial Trophy at Roswell Waters on Sunday.
The race, which is the club’s annual charity event, donated funds raised to Asthma U.K.
There were many incidents due to the sheer amount of boats on the start line and by the time those responsible had completed their penalty turns they had a lot of catching up to do. Incidents also occurred when too many boats arrived at a turning mark.
Simon Leeks continued his fine form and took home the trophy once all of the day’s results were in.
Race One: 1. Gary Ungless (Solo) 2. Simon Leeks (Solo) 3. Alan White (Solo) 4. Chandler Stamford (Laser) 5. John Wells (Laser)
You may also want to watch:
Race Two: 1. Simon Leeks. 2. Chandler Stamford. 3. John Wells. 4. Gary Ungless 5. Alayne Seymour (Laser)
Race Three: 1. Simon Leeks. 2. Chandler Stamford. 3. Gary Ungless.4. Steve Board (Wayfarer) 5. Alan White.
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 7 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 8 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 9 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
With competitors counting their best two results, Simon Leeks was the winner with 2 points, Gary Ungless was second with 3 points, third place was Chandler Stamford with 4 points and fourth was John Wells finishing on 8 points.