Saberton Takes Sutton To Task
PYMOOR enjoyed the perfect tonic to last week s defeat to Fordham with a six wicket victory over Sutton. Skipper Steve Saberton was the hero on the day for Pymoor, with his marauding 10 over spell of bowling seeing him collect five wickets whilst all but
PYMOOR enjoyed the perfect tonic to last week's defeat to Fordham with a six wicket victory over Sutton.
Skipper Steve Saberton was the hero on the day for Pymoor, with his marauding 10 over spell of bowling seeing him collect five wickets whilst all but nullifying the Sutton batting attack.
Having won the toss, Pymoor elected to field and, capitalising on Sutton's recent woes with the bat, they set about making inroads into the line-up.
Aside from a decent knock of 41 from opener M Grady Jnr and a cameo of 27 from G Campbell, Sutton were largely at the mercy of Saberton and co, and were ultimately removed for just 90 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Neeing a little over two an over for victory, Pymoor took to their task somewhat nervously but, despite losing a number of early wickets, they eased to victory with some 12 over left, A Legge's knock of 34 the highlight of a short innings.
G Campbell bowled tirelessly for Sutton but his excellent 10 over spell, which yielded 2-21, ultimately went unrewarded.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines