Ruthless Robins Ease Past Norwich
RUTHLESS finishing from Ely City ensured they came out on top against Norwich United on Tuesday evening. In a game that had few clear-cut chances for either side, it was the Robins superior finishing that told as they netted in either half to take the wi
RUTHLESS finishing from Ely City ensured they came out on top against Norwich United on Tuesday evening.
In a game that had few clear-cut chances for either side, it was the Robins' superior finishing that told as they netted in either half to take the win.
The victory moves Denis Lightning's men up into 10th place with just two games remaining this season.
Ely started the brighter of the two teams and found themselves a goal to the good with just 10 minutes on the clock as Nick Impey rounded two players before smashing past the United keeper from range.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters briefly rallied in the wake of the goal with keeper Pacey called in to action, but Ely again took control midway through the half with chances for Richard Chadwick and Tony Beck well saved by the home keeper.
The second half was a drab affair compared to the opening 45, but Ely managed to sta in the ascendancy despite muted efforts from the home side.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Substitute Robbie Mason made the points safe for Lightning's men with 10 minutes to go as the striker clipped home from a well delivered cross.