Runners Steal Show At Soham Half-Marathon
A COMMANDING showing from the Ely Runners saw them steal the show at the Soham half-marathon this week. A total of 15 club members made the short trip over to the Ross Peers Centre to take part in the popular event, with strong displays from a number of t
A COMMANDING showing from the Ely Runners saw them steal the show at the Soham half-marathon this week.
A total of 15 club members made the short trip over to the Ross Peers Centre to take part in the popular event, with strong displays from a number of the runners seeing them take four of the top 10 places.
Stephen Pettit was first home for the club with a fine run of 1:17:43, enough to secure him second place overall. Pete Foody was next home for the club managing 1:19:58 which secured him the MV40 prize as well as fourth place overall. Completing the Ely trio in the first five was Soham resident John Crisp.
Daisy Glover carried her superb recent form over to th longer distances as she came home first amongst the ladies as well as securing a slot in the top ten overall. Her time of 1:22:16 was a new club record for a woman.
You may also want to watch:
Official Results: 2nd Stephen Pettit 1:17:43 4th Pete Foody 1:19:58 (1st MV40) 5th John Crisp 1:20:33 10th Daisy Glover 1:22:16 (1st Lady, PB, 1st H.Mar, New FJ club record) 17th Max D'Ayala 1:26:20 25th Kieren Drane 1:30:04 (PB) 34th Paul Needham 1:31:54 69th Adrian Stokes 1:41:43 (PB) 70th Martin Courtney 1:42:33 (PB) 96th Nick Williams 1:47:53 108th Ian Blatchford 1:49:54 112th John Turner 1:50:17 113th Lisa Redman 1:50:24 (PB) 134th Claire Irons 1:55:24 141st Colin Doak 1:57:32 All 184 finishers received their medal from the Chairman of East Cambridgeshire District Council.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry