Runners soar in scorching conditions
PERSONAL bests in scorching heat were recorded by Ely runners Alex Gilroy, Daniel Regan, Simon Law and Lisa Redman in the St Ives Dairy Crest 10k Road Race on Sunday. There were nine Ely runners among the 501 finishers who competed on an undulating out an
PERSONAL bests in scorching heat were recorded by Ely runners Alex Gilroy, Daniel Regan, Simon Law and Lisa Redman in the St Ives Dairy Crest 10k Road Race on Sunday.
There were nine Ely runners among the 501 finishers who competed on an undulating out and back course from the St Ivo Centre, along the outskirts of St Ives to a rural lane leading to a turning point on the tarmac taxi ways of RAF Wyton Airfield, before returning the same way.
The winner was Daniel Pettit, of Peterborough AC in 32:59 and the first female was Jane Preen, of Milton Keynes AC in 38:42 who was 22nd overall.
Conditions on the day were very hot, especially on the exposed airfield.
You may also want to watch:
Official Ely Runners results: 18. John Crisp 38:24, 26. Alex Gilroy 38:55 pb, 46. Daniel Regan 41:23 pb, 49. Simon Jackson 41:50, 83. Maurice Reed 43:38, 162. Simon Law 47:55 pb, 231. Alan Rutterford 50:36, 385. Lisa Redman 53:50 pb, 350. Julie Forman 57:18.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph