Runners and riders honoured at cycle club’s awards night
ELY and District Cycling Club members celebrated the end of the club’s 2012 time trial season with their annual dinner and presentation night.
Tom Sykes was the most successful rider of the year picking up nine awards, including the 25 mile and circuit series trophies.
Laura Aldred retained her Ladies 10 Mile Series Trophy, with John McAndrew retaining the Mountain Bike Trophy.
Cliff Loveday and Andy Stephen were winners of the 2-Up Cup. Aiden Merry also collected three trophies on the night. Andy Darley was voted as clubman of the year.
The club continues with their Sunday club rides each week, leaving the Paradise Centre car park, in Ely, at 9am, weather permitting.
You may also want to watch:
The club also holds winter training sessions at Aldreth Village Hall every Tuesday night from 7pm. For more detail please contact the club via e-mail at: email@example.com
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia