RUGBY UNION: Youngsters at Soham Village College hope for success in new kit
- Credit: Archant
A team of rugby talents are hoping to have a successful season in their new kit.
Soham Village College’s Year 10 team has been kitted out thanks to Sweat Gymnasium and former student, Will Marshall.
Will approached the gym after learning that the youngsters were forced to borrow kit from the Ely Tigers on more than one occasion last season.
He also designed the kit, which will be worn during the 2017/18 campaign.
He said: “I wanted to give something back to the college I’d spent five years at – particularly to the PE department.”
You may also want to watch:
Neil Green, owner of the gym, was happy to help.
He said: “I’m very pleased to contribute as I have fond memories of attending the college.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
“It was a good college then and it is a good college now.”
The college’s director of PE, Anita Reynolds, said: “I know our students will feel proud to represent the college in their new shirts.”