RUGBY UNION: Youngsters at Soham Village College hope for success in new kit
- Credit: Archant
A team of rugby talents are hoping to have a successful season in their new kit.
Soham Village College’s Year 10 team has been kitted out thanks to Sweat Gymnasium and former student, Will Marshall.
Will approached the gym after learning that the youngsters were forced to borrow kit from the Ely Tigers on more than one occasion last season.
He also designed the kit, which will be worn during the 2017/18 campaign.
He said: “I wanted to give something back to the college I’d spent five years at – particularly to the PE department.”
Neil Green, owner of the gym, was happy to help.
He said: “I’m very pleased to contribute as I have fond memories of attending the college.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
“It was a good college then and it is a good college now.”
The college’s director of PE, Anita Reynolds, said: “I know our students will feel proud to represent the college in their new shirts.”