Rugby: Super Cooper is just try-mendous
Rupert Cooper is getting noticed at the top level for his performances on the rugby field. Rupert, 18, of Egremont Street, Ely, is Schools Player of the Month in February s edition of Rugby World magazine. The No.8, who is doing his sixth-form studies at
Rupert Cooper is getting noticed at the top level for his performances on the rugby field.
Rupert, 18, of Egremont Street, Ely, is Schools Player of the Month in February's edition of Rugby World magazine.
The No.8, who is doing his sixth-form studies at Bishop's Stortford College after being a King's School, Ely pupil, has rugby in his blood - his father Tony was captain of Wasps in the 1970s and would have played for England but for a shoulder injury.
He has been an integral part of BSC's unbeaten season and Rugby World describes him as someone whose "all-embracing tackling, fantastic handling ability and terrific leadership qualities make him a rare prospect, chased by almost every Premiership club".
You may also want to watch:
Rupert is a member of the Northampton Saints junior academy.
As Player of the Month, he won a pair of rugby boots.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Picture: HELEN SOUTH 6170