Rugby: Super Cooper is just try-mendous
Rupert Cooper is getting noticed at the top level for his performances on the rugby field. Rupert, 18, of Egremont Street, Ely, is Schools Player of the Month in February s edition of Rugby World magazine. The No.8, who is doing his sixth-form studies at
Rupert Cooper is getting noticed at the top level for his performances on the rugby field.
Rupert, 18, of Egremont Street, Ely, is Schools Player of the Month in February's edition of Rugby World magazine.
The No.8, who is doing his sixth-form studies at Bishop's Stortford College after being a King's School, Ely pupil, has rugby in his blood - his father Tony was captain of Wasps in the 1970s and would have played for England but for a shoulder injury.
He has been an integral part of BSC's unbeaten season and Rugby World describes him as someone whose "all-embracing tackling, fantastic handling ability and terrific leadership qualities make him a rare prospect, chased by almost every Premiership club".
Rupert is a member of the Northampton Saints junior academy.
As Player of the Month, he won a pair of rugby boots.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Picture: HELEN SOUTH 6170