Rugby: Lewis bags a hat-trick as Wisbech Grammar School youngsters see off King’s Ely challenge
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School under 13s rugby captain Lewis Shipley led from the front in his side’s victory over King’s Ely.
Shipley bagged a hat-trick of tries as the Fenland club saw off their East Cambs rivals by 40-25.
Wisbech displayed some impressive interplay and their scrum was particularly strong, with Harvey King, Callum Duncan and Dawid Korol putting in solid shifts.
The pick of Wisbech’s eight tries were scored in the first half through Oliver Coles and Oliver McClean, who finished off a flowing counter-attack.
Head of rugby at Wisbech Grammar School, Alex Laybourne, was impressed by the youngsters’ performance. He said: “This is a fantastic result for the U13s who have been continuously developing as a team over the last few years.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure they will continue the season well, having set the standards high for the senior block of fixtures against King’s Ely coming up this Saturday.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry