Silver medal for King’s Ely rowers at Blenheim Palace Junior Regatta
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely rowers won silver at this year’s Blenheim Palace Junior Regatta.
Thirty-two of the school’s Year 8 and 9 rowers competed in the multi-lane regatta on June 9, racing over 500m from a standing start.
The event is designed for students in Years 6 to 9 and rowers from across the country compete, including those from well-known junior rowing clubs from the South of England.
The morning division consisted of King’s Ely’s Year 9 boys and Year 8 girls racing in coxed quads, whilst the Year 8 boys raced in double sculls.
In the second division, the Year 9 girls and Year 8 boys then raced in coxed quads and the Year 8 girls went into double sculls.
You may also want to watch:
All but four of King’s Ely’s crews made the finals on the day.
The stand-out performance came from the Under 14 Coxed Four crew, who won their heat and then placed second, taking home the silver medal in the final.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The crew was Clare Sergeant, Mia Gray, Georgina Schosland, Stephanie Watson and Otilia Salgado.