Rowers Excel In Winter League
A SUCCESSFUL weekend of racing for the Isle of Ely Rowing Club saw a number of their junior rowers secure impressive wins. There were victories across several different disciplines for the junior team who put in a sterling performance in the final leg of
A SUCCESSFUL weekend of racing for the Isle of Ely Rowing Club saw a number of their junior rowers secure impressive wins.
There were victories across several different disciplines for the junior team who put in a sterling performance in the final leg of the Cambridge Winter League held on the River Cam.
The Junior 16 girls' quad achieved victory in their race making them the fastest female coxed quad in the competition. Battling against a strong head wind and atrocious conditions the crew completed the 2,800m course in a time of 15 minutes and one second, beating crews from City of Cambridge, Sudbury, St. Neots and Norwich.
There was success too for Junior 18 solo sculler Ellie Milne, who was the fastest overall junior women's sculler in the competition, completing her final race in a time of 14 minutes and 23 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Double sculls pairing Libby Milne and Nell Freeman rowed exhaustively to secure a win in the Women's Junior 13 category. Racing for only the second time in this double combination, Libby and Nell completed the 1,500m course on the River Cam in 7 minutes and 22 seconds.
Finally, junior sculler Adam Hughes swept to victory in the Junior 15 event in a time of 6 minutes and 48 seconds.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment