Roller Skating: Ely’s youngsters skate to 16-medal success in Great Yarmouth
PUBLISHED: 10:10 15 January 2016 | UPDATED: 10:10 15 January 2016
Ely Roller Skating Club’s young members skated to success when they travelled to Great Yarmouth for the last roller skating competition of 2015 last month.
Ely Rollerskating Club at Great Yarmouth
Bryony Figgins from Ely.
Amber Sharp from Bury St Edmunds, aged 4, competed for the first time in ‘Newcomer Basic Skills’
Charlotte Bloomfield from Bury St Edmunds.
Alex Witziers from Cottenham and Sophie Barnes from Littleport.
Ely Rollerskating Club took a team of 26 skaters to Great Yarmouth last month for the last competition of 2015.
Charlotte Bloomfield from Bury St Edmunds
The club took 26 skaters to compete against 12 other clubs and 300 competitors from around the country to Retroskate on the Norfolk coast, and took home an impressive medal haul of five golds, seven silvers and four bronzes:
• Gold for Tegan Fisher from Cottenham in ‘Newcomer Basic Skills’
• Gold for Carmen Peppercorn from Cambridge – 10-11 years ‘Novice Free’
• Gold for Sophie Barnes from Littleport – 10 years + ‘Newcomers Free’
• Gold for Sophie Woodbridge from Ely – ‘Inter Silver Figures’
• Gold for Bryony Figgins from Ely – ‘interbronze Freedance’
• Silver for Linayah Jackson- Ely- Age 9 and under ‘Newcomers Free’
• Silver for Alex Witziers from Cottenham 10ys + ‘Newcomers Free’
• Silver for Jessica-Ellen Ball from Littleport- ‘Inter bronze Free’
• Silver for Aimee Bowen from Littleport- 7 years and under ‘Novice Figures’
• Silver for Teegan Bowen from Littleport – 10 years and under ‘Novice Figures’
• Silver for Richard Culpan from Ely – 40 years+ Figures
• Bronze for Aimee Bowen – 7yrs and under ‘Novice Free’
• Bronze for Charlotte Bloomfield from Bury St Edmunds – 13-14 years ‘Novice Free’
• Bronze for Carmen Peppercorn from Cambridge – 10 years and under ‘Novice Figures’
• Bronze for Hattie Wright from Newmarket – 15 years + ‘Novice Figures’
The club’s youngest member, four-year-old Amber Sharp from Bury St Edmunds, competed for the first time in ‘Newcomer Basic Skills.’
The club is also looking for new members in 2016. For more information, please visit http://www.elyrsc.co.uk/.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.