Robins through after easing past Diss
A RICHARD Chadwick double smoothed Ely City’s path into the preliminary round of the FA Cup.
Ely City 4
Diss Town 0
Chadwick opened his account after just five minutes to ensure the ideal start for the home side and struck again shortly after half-time to all but wrap up the win.
An own goal in the minutes before half-time and a Luke Parkinson penalty in the 84th minute completed a comfortable win for the Robins, who will go on to host Walsham-le-Willows in the first preliminary round on September 3.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Alsop’s men will be back in action again on Tuesday evening as they travel to Haverhill Rovers in the Ridgeons Premier League.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k