Robins to restart league campaign later than planned
Ely City will return to action from the second coronavirus lockdown later than planned following a league meeting.
The Robins will now restart their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign on Saturday, December 12, instead of the proposed date of Tuesday, December 8 against Swaffham Town.
The decision comes after the Thurlow Nunn League management committee decided to allow clubs to postpone their fixtures due to health or economic concerns.
Derek Oakey, secretary at Ely City FC, said: “We have taken a view that players want to be out there in the fresh air, playing football, so we will do what we can to ensure they can play.”
The Thurlow Nunn League confirmed they will still restart the season on Saturday, December 5 for those teams that do want to play.
Ely, who are in friendly action with Over Sports at the Demcom Stadium on Thursday, December 3 (7pm) before they head to Walsham-le-Willows nine days later.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day