Robins to restart league campaign later than planned
Ely City will return to action from the second coronavirus lockdown later than planned following a league meeting.
The Robins will now restart their Thurlow Nunn Premier Division campaign on Saturday, December 12, instead of the proposed date of Tuesday, December 8 against Swaffham Town.
The decision comes after the Thurlow Nunn League management committee decided to allow clubs to postpone their fixtures due to health or economic concerns.
Derek Oakey, secretary at Ely City FC, said: “We have taken a view that players want to be out there in the fresh air, playing football, so we will do what we can to ensure they can play.”
The Thurlow Nunn League confirmed they will still restart the season on Saturday, December 5 for those teams that do want to play.
Ely, who are in friendly action with Over Sports at the Demcom Stadium on Thursday, December 3 (7pm) before they head to Walsham-le-Willows nine days later.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years