Robins on the march after third straight win
Ely City 2 CRC 1
ELY City made it three league wins on the spin as they snatched a late winner against CRC.
Alan Alsop’s men found themselves languishing in the lower reaches of the league by mid-October but a hat-trick of wins in recent weeks has seen them bounce back, with Austen Diaper’s late strike handing them victory on Saturday.
The three points moves the Robins up in to 11th place in the Thurlow Nunn Premier League, ahead of their trip to Hatfield Town on Saturday in the second round proper of the FA Vase.
It took until shortly after the hour mark for the deadlock to be broken, centre back Darren Coe nodding home a free-kick to notch up his second goal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing their goalkeeper to injury a few minutes later, CRC regrouped admirably and managed to pull level with five minutes to go, Ryan Horne lobbing home from range following a miscued clearance from City captain Lee Pacey.
It was Alsop’s men who had the final say however, Diaper getting on the end of a deep corner to power home his fifth goal of the season.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series