Robins make it nine without defeat
Ely City 4 CRC 3
HIGH-flying Ely City made it nine league games without defeat after coming from behind to beat CRC.
The Robins looked stunned as the visitors raced into a 2-0 lead within the opening 10 minutes but a determined fight-back saw them pull it back to 3-3 going in at half-time.
Centre-back Ben Lawrence ultimately proved the difference between the two sides in a nip and tuck contest as he nodded home a second-half winner to hand Ely all three points.
Alan Alsop’s men sit eighth in the Ridgeons Premier League, just three points behind third-placed Stanway Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
CRC’s failure to clear from set pieces allowed Ely to get back into the match after a swift double had seen the visitors race into the lead.
Richard Chadwick nodded home first to make it 2-1 before Kenny Smith fired home to bring the teams level.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Ely were briefly in front 10 minutes before half-time as Chris Sterecki’s cross-cum-shot squeezed home before the visitors rallied to make it 3-3.
Lawrence capitalised once again on CRC’s failure to deal with set pieces as he nodded home the winner midway through the second half.