Robins make it nine without defeat
Ely City 4 CRC 3
HIGH-flying Ely City made it nine league games without defeat after coming from behind to beat CRC.
The Robins looked stunned as the visitors raced into a 2-0 lead within the opening 10 minutes but a determined fight-back saw them pull it back to 3-3 going in at half-time.
Centre-back Ben Lawrence ultimately proved the difference between the two sides in a nip and tuck contest as he nodded home a second-half winner to hand Ely all three points.
Alan Alsop’s men sit eighth in the Ridgeons Premier League, just three points behind third-placed Stanway Rovers.
CRC’s failure to clear from set pieces allowed Ely to get back into the match after a swift double had seen the visitors race into the lead.
Richard Chadwick nodded home first to make it 2-1 before Kenny Smith fired home to bring the teams level.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Ely were briefly in front 10 minutes before half-time as Chris Sterecki’s cross-cum-shot squeezed home before the visitors rallied to make it 3-3.
Lawrence capitalised once again on CRC’s failure to deal with set pieces as he nodded home the winner midway through the second half.