Robins keep bobbin’ along
THE Robins made it four league wins from five matches with a comfortable 2-0 victory at Felixstowe on Saturday.
Felixstowe and Walton United 0
Ely City 2
After a stuttering start to the season, Ely have been in unstoppable form and stretched their unbeaten league run to five games thanks to an own-goal and a Luke Parkinson effort.
You may also want to watch:
The win saw Alan Alsop’s men move up to ninth place in the Ridgeons Premier League ahead of the visit of Haverhill Rovers on Tuesay.
Parkinson put Ely ahead on a scorching afternoon by the seaside, slotting home a penalty after a period early pressure.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Ely continued to push in the aftermath of their opener and soon doubled their lead as a Felixstowe player put through his own net.
Austen Diaper saw a couple of good chances well saved before the break, with Ely’s defence largely in control throughout a quiet second half.