NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Ely City really are the demolition men thanks to major sponsorship deal
- Credit: Archant
Ely City have been destroying opponents on the pitch so far this season . . . and now they have the backing of a demolition company.
The club's Unwin Ground will now be known as the Demcom Stadium thanks to a partnership with a local business - run by brothers Dan and Rob Meads - which has strong links with the Robins.
Dan explained: "Demcom is a local company, and both my brother and I played for the club at youth level.
"We're delighted to be involved again and strongly believe this partnership will be a strong and prosperous one for both parties for many years."
The sponsorship deal is a further boost to City following the recent completion of their merger with Ely Crusaders to create one of the biggest clubs in the county. The club also have plans for improvement work to the changing rooms, kitchen and toilet area at the Demcom Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
City official Martin Grey said: "We're extremely grateful to Demcom for coming on board and providing vital support as we try to move the club forward on and off the pitch."
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car