Robins Given Reality Check At Haverhill
ELY City were brought back down to earth with a resounding thud on Tuesday night as they went down 4-2 to Haverhill Rovers. Having come into the game on the back of two excellent wins over Soham and Tiptree last week, hopes were high that the Robins coul
ELY City were brought back down to earth with a resounding thud on Tuesday night as they went down 4-2 to Haverhill Rovers.
Having come into the game on the back of two excellent wins over Soham and Tiptree last week, hopes were high that the Robins could give make it three wins on the bounce against the league's bottom club.
It wasn't to be however, as Haverhill, who coming into the game were some eight points clear of safety, largely outplayed Denis Lightning's side and picked up the crucial win which boosts their chances of survival remarkably.
Both goals for Ely came in the last five minutes and were scored by substitute Dale Archer and defender Tony Brown.
You may also want to watch:
The loss sees Ely stuck on 27 points with a trip away to second-from-bottom Woodbridge Town their next game.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor