Robins and Greens honour their top performers
THE best and brightest at both Ely City and Soham Town Rangers were honoured for their efforts at the club’s awards evenings held recently.
At Ely City there were the traditional awards for manager’s and player’s player of the year as well as a gong for the most improved player. The Robins’ reserve and A Teams were also in attendance, with several of their top performers this year also recognised.
The big winner on the night in the first team was James Wallis who scooped both supporter’s and player’s player awards, with the manager’s player of the year shared between Lee Pacey and Nick Impey.
Defensive duo Adam Murray and Adam Dalby shared the most improved player award.
In the reserve team, James Salmons scopped supporter’s player of the year while Ross Williams took player’s player.
You may also want to watch:
Manager’s player of the year was Jonathan Few and Luke Fretwell was awarded most improved player.
Danny Arter took supporter’s player of the year for the A Team, with Adam Gayfer and Jon Wallace awarded player’s player and manager’s player respectively. Luke Fretwell was judged most improved player.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
At Julius Martin Lane meanwhile, Soham’s Dan Bircham and Deakan Napier shared support’s player of the year while Bircham scooped the manager’s player of the year award. Napier was back on stage shortly after to collect the top goalscorer award.
Simon Allen was the manager’s player of the year for the reserve team, with Wayne Bell taking player’s player. Player/manager Steve Bugg was top goalscorer.
Manager’s player of the year for the under 18s was James Seymour Orvis was players player of the year. Top goalscorer was Cameron Robb.