Rising star Luke is in the frame for European title
- Credit: Archant
Wentworth teenager, Luke Pearson booked his place in the European Championships with a strong performance at this year’s Wakeboard UK Boat Nationals.
Luke, 13, sailed through his qualifying event on Saturday to seal a place in Sunday’s finals – where some of the best young talents in the sport were competing.
Luke put on an excellent display at the Surrey venue and was rewarded with third position, earning him a bronze medal, with a score of 51.89.
As a result, he had qualified for the European Championships, which take place in Portugal, in October.
You may also want to watch:
Top spot at the UK event went to Luca Kidd, who scored 65.44.
Luke is sponsored for this season by Just Watersports.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Dad Richard said: “We are very proud of how hard he has trained, his dedication and passion for the sport is finally paying off.”