Rising star Luke is in the frame for European title
- Credit: Archant
Wentworth teenager, Luke Pearson booked his place in the European Championships with a strong performance at this year’s Wakeboard UK Boat Nationals.
Luke, 13, sailed through his qualifying event on Saturday to seal a place in Sunday’s finals – where some of the best young talents in the sport were competing.
Luke put on an excellent display at the Surrey venue and was rewarded with third position, earning him a bronze medal, with a score of 51.89.
As a result, he had qualified for the European Championships, which take place in Portugal, in October.
Top spot at the UK event went to Luca Kidd, who scored 65.44.
Luke is sponsored for this season by Just Watersports.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Dad Richard said: “We are very proud of how hard he has trained, his dedication and passion for the sport is finally paying off.”