CYCLING: Strong displays from Ely & District Cycling Club as season draws to a close
- Credit: Archant
The penultimate round of racing for Ely & District Cycling Club saw riders travel to Milton Country Park on Sunday.
Good conditions allowed for an unusually high turnout, with 56 riders taking part in the under 10s and 12s race.
Harvey Woodroffe managed to finish strongly in 11th place, despite crashing twice, while Lucas Bowman came 26th in the under 10s event.
In the under 12s race, Kieran Vanhoutte finished 12th, leaving him 10th overall with one race to go.
Tom Lewis edged past teammate Isaac Barton in the under 14s race, coming 27th and 33rd respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Bowman recorded his best result of the season with a 32rd-placed finish in the veterans race, but some aggressive riding in the opening lap forced Ferenc Vanhoutte to cross in 49th spot.
In the grand veterans category, Martin Holland ended his post-Christmas dip in form by earning a respectable 45th position.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor