Riders keeping busy with Ely & District triple header
- Credit: Archant
A triple header was the order of the day for Ely & District Cycling Club – B&T Motor Repairs riders.
Members took part in the Cox Cup for the fastest overall times, the veterans’ race where over 40s riders compete with a handicap time based on age and gender, and the handicap race as riders competed against times set by the club’s handicapper.
Darran Bennett continued his dominant form to win the 10-mile Cox Cup race on Tuesday, August 11 in a time of 20:42, with Rob Golding and John Manlow coming second and third respectively, while the same trio finished in the top three of the veterans’ race.
Alison Holmes won the handicap race in a time of 27:30 ahead of Jason Ward and Bennett in third, as Holmes also prevailed in the women’s Cox Cup and women’s veterans’ race.
Three Ely riders took part in the EDCA 10-mile championship race on the B10/37R course near Tottenhill on Sunday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Despite Will Shepherd unable to finish due to the heat as he saw his power output drop after the start of the race, Martin Holmes recorded a new personal best with 22:45, followed by Cliff Loveday in 23:18.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 5 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered