Riders chill out in fine style
TEMPERATURES of just 11C and a strong wind chill factor made for quite wintry race conditions for Ely and District Cycling Club s weekly time trial meet. The weather caught out many riders, yet all managed to turn in some competitive times over the 10 mi
TEMPERATURES of just 11C and a strong wind chill factor made for quite wintry race conditions for Ely and District Cycling Club's weekly time trial meet.
The weather caught out many riders, yet all managed to turn in some competitive times over the 10 mile test.
Also braving the conditions were time keepers Brian Cooper and Roy Benstead who faithfully stood by to record a relatively close top five fastest riders with an impressive show by new rider Andy Stephen.
Philip Peacock (27:13) and Richard Winrow (28:30) still continue to improve.
You may also want to watch:
Young riders David Block and Harvey Leadbeater clocked some strong times with (29:26) and (33:38) respectively, while Geoff Brewster again turned in the fastest of the evening with a (24:55), hotly pursued by Colin Whitechurch, (25:09).
The next event for the club will be on June 13 for a 12-mile circuit through Little Downham and Coveney.
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Riders should meet at the Ely Rugby Club car park at least 15 minutes before the official start time of 7.30pm.
For more details check out the website www.elycyclingclub.com or telephone Marc Cox on 01353 749507.
1 Geoff Brewster 24:55, 2 Colin Whitechurch 25:09, 3 Andy Clarke 25:59, 4 Steve Presland 26:48, 5 Andy Stephen 26:57, 6 Phillip Peacock 27:13, 7 Tom Skyes 27:31, 8 Richard Winrow 28:30, 9 Martin Holland 28:54, 10 Kevin Spalding 29:18, 11 David Block 29:26, 12 Eddie Green 31:00, 13 Celia Whitechurch 31:47, 14 Harvey Leadbeater 33:38, 15 N Tindall. 33:55.