Respectable finish in Frest Rally Champinship
ISLEHAM rally driver Lewis Rper and c-driver Chris Sheridan cmpeted in the First Rund f the F1000 Frest Rally Champinship, finishing a respectable furth after lsing time at the start. Rper cmpeted in tarmac events last year – winning Class A f
ISLEHAM rally driver Lewis Rper and c-driver Chris Sheridan cmpeted in the First Rund f the F1000 Frest Rally Champinship, finishing a respectable furth after lsing time at the start.
Rper cmpeted in tarmac events last year - winning Class A f the F1000 Tarmac Challenge - but this time arund has taken n the lse gravel rads f the Wyedean Valley in Wales.
He struggled t get t grips with new Dunlp tyres in the early stages - lsing ver a minute t the class leaders - but gradually matched the pace f the mre experienced drivers.
By Special Stage Fur at Chepstw Racecurse (pictured) he had settled int a slid furth psitin which was where he remained.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a steep learning curve changing frm tarmac t gravel," said Rper afterwards. "I lst sme time in the first stage and the nise inside the car takes sme getting used t; the lse stnes hitting the underside can be very distracting."
Rper and his c-driver lead Class A f the Frest Series and lie furth in the verall standings.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
"Our target was just t make the finish," Rper said, "but t finish furth was fantastic! The supprt f the spectatrs was brilliant!