Respectable finish in Frest Rally Champinship
ISLEHAM rally driver Lewis Rper and c-driver Chris Sheridan cmpeted in the First Rund f the F1000 Frest Rally Champinship, finishing a respectable furth after lsing time at the start. Rper cmpeted in tarmac events last year – winning Class A f
ISLEHAM rally driver Lewis Rper and c-driver Chris Sheridan cmpeted in the First Rund f the F1000 Frest Rally Champinship, finishing a respectable furth after lsing time at the start.
Rper cmpeted in tarmac events last year - winning Class A f the F1000 Tarmac Challenge - but this time arund has taken n the lse gravel rads f the Wyedean Valley in Wales.
He struggled t get t grips with new Dunlp tyres in the early stages - lsing ver a minute t the class leaders - but gradually matched the pace f the mre experienced drivers.
By Special Stage Fur at Chepstw Racecurse (pictured) he had settled int a slid furth psitin which was where he remained.
"It was a steep learning curve changing frm tarmac t gravel," said Rper afterwards. "I lst sme time in the first stage and the nise inside the car takes sme getting used t; the lse stnes hitting the underside can be very distracting."
Rper and his c-driver lead Class A f the Frest Series and lie furth in the verall standings.
- 1 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 8 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
"Our target was just t make the finish," Rper said, "but t finish furth was fantastic! The supprt f the spectatrs was brilliant!