Respect award for Little Thetford club
THE recently formed Jay’s Football Club of Little Thetford are celebrating winning Cambridgeshire FA’s respect award after an exemplary first season.
The club, based at the village’s sports and social club, formed for the start of the 2010-11 season and, although they finished bottom of their league, they took some consolation in receiving the respect award from the FA for their outstanding disciplinary record.
The team plays its football in the Tucker Gardener Sunday League and is managed by Anthony Carney.
A club spokesman added that the team was delighted to have reveived the award, one of the first to do so under the FA’s respect programme.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s presentation night is on the August 6 at the Lamb Hotel in Ely. Anyone wishing to come along will be charged a �5 entry fee.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident