Records Tumble As Runners Prepare For London Marathon
A HOST of club records were smashed by members of the Ely Runners as they took part in the Bury 20 Mile Road Race last weekend. As well as strong finishes from a number of the runners there was also a series of personal best times and club time records w
A HOST of club records were smashed by members of the Ely Runners as they took part in the Bury 20 Mile Road Race last weekend.
As well as strong finishes from a number of the runners there was also a series of personal best times and club time records which fell to mark a wholly successful day's racing for the Ely club.
Stephen Pettit was the pick of the runners as he secured both a top ten finish and a new club MV40 record coming home in 2:03:29. Graham Chapman also impressed as he set a new club MV50 record and managed a personal best to boot finishing in 2:20:36.
The Bury 20 Mile Race is traditionally used by the region's runners as a warm-up for the upcoming London Marathon and has become a well attended and regular fixture in the Eastern racing calendar.
You may also want to watch:
The course, familiar from previous years, starts and finishes in Nowton Park with the interim miles over scenic but undulating Suffolk roads.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
8th Stephen Pettit 2:03:29 (PB, 1st MV40, New Club MV40 record)
36th Graham Chapman 2:20:36 (PB, 2nd MV50, New Club MV50 record)
158th Nicola Bramley 2:48:11
278th John Crawford 3:09:50
There were 351 finishers in the 20 mile race.