Record breakers star as hundreds take part in Sutton Beast event
- Credit: Archant
Records were made to be broken at the Sutton Beast event on Sunday, with over 500 runners taking part.
Both the male and female 10km times were exceeded on a day where weather conditions remained fine throughout.
The Mini Fun Runners ran the 2.5km course, whilst 60% of the field completed the Tony Robinson Memorial 10k.
In the 10k, Alan Darby of Ely Runners earned the record for fastest time with 33:23, as Lisa Marriott of Ramsey Road Runners notched the quickest female best in a time of 41:00.
Independent runner Edward Suswain won the 2.5k run in a time of 9:04, with Gemma Bridges of Ely Runners next up in 9:39.
You may also want to watch:
Community stalls and musical entertainment was also on offer as all money was raised for Cambridgeshire charity Cams Sight, who support those who are visually impaired to get active through sport.
Full results can be found at: https://resultscui.active.com/events/SuttonBeast
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed