Record times tumble at club’s championships
- Credit: Archant
Swimming CITY of Ely Swimming Club members broke a whole host of records at the club’s annual sprint championships.
The young swimmers, who train at the Paradise Pool, in Ely, set a staggering 225 new personal best times and broke 18 club records at the championships, held this week.
Club coach Elaine Hill said: “It was a superb effort from everyone who took part in the championships.”
Jospeh Alsop, 13, led the way among swimmers on the day, breaking seven club records on his own. There were also new records set for Zak Bailey, Karah Boisvert, Evie Boisvert, Isaac Jackson, Michael Boisvert and Julia Yeates.
Meanwhile, some of the club’s senior swimmers were in action at the British Gas Masters event in Plymouth, the first time the club has had representation at the meet.
You may also want to watch:
Jeff Hill was in sparkling form as he broke the east region record for the 100m front crawl, setting a time of 54.89secs. Alan Wallace competed in 50 and 100m backstroke and Jessica Hill was in action in front crawl and backstroke heats.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'