Rangers suffer FA Vase defeat
FA VASE SECOND ROUND Soham Town Rangers 0 Long Buckby 1 SOHAM manager Ian Benjamin is looking for a big response from his players after they produced what he described as one of the worst performances he has seen at the club. Goalkeeper Lea Jordan kept Ra
FA VASE SECOND ROUND
Soham Town Rangers 0 Long Buckby 1
SOHAM manager Ian Benjamin is looking for a big response from his players after they produced what he described as one of the worst performances he has seen at the club.
Goalkeeper Lea Jordan kept Rangers in the match in the first half as the UCL Premier side piled on relentless pressure.
You may also want to watch:
But striker Carl Holmes lost his marker and scored with a looping header after 31 minutes after a cross from the left.
In the second half, Michael Simpson had an effort was saved by the goalkeeper's feet after a long Darren Jimson throw.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
Soham's best chance came midway through the second period when Charles Libam had a header cleared off the line when Stuart Williams flicked on Paul Jones's corner.
Benjamin said: "The FA Vase can be quite lucrative and it is an important competition for us. I put out a strong team, but we were very poor all round. I knew this would be a tough game if we weren't at our best but they were all over us in the first half and could easily have been 4-0 up at half-time.
"I've spent the week trying to raise the players' spirits because we have a tough league match at home to Kirkley and Pakefield on Saturday.