Rangers Subjected To 6-0 Hammering At Sutton
SOHAM Town Rangers season took a turn for the worse at the weekend as they were subjected to a 6-0 hammering at Sutton Coldfield. The Greens have endured a turbulent few weeks with key results going for and against them but the loss comes as a bitter b
SOHAM Town Rangers' season took a turn for the worse at the weekend as they were subjected to a 6-0 hammering at Sutton Coldfield.
The Greens have endured a turbulent few weeks with key results going for and against them but the loss comes as a bitter blow to Ian Benjamin's men who have only won one of their last 10 games.
Though the Greens competed well for the first half-hour their defensive frailties were eventually exposed as Jamille Matt poked past returning goalkeeper Jamie Chamberlain who misjudged a flighted delivery.
The home side doubled their lead deep into first-half injury time when Ed Booth slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a bright start to the second-half, Soham fell further behind after 54 minutes as Craig Marshall struck and the lead was stretched to four a minute shy of the hour mark as Jake Murall netted.
Soham might have pulled a goal back through Dubi Ogbonna midway through the half, but the youngsters strike was ruled out for offside to compound the Greens' woes.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
In the latter stages of the match, Sutton wrapped up the points with two further goals. The loss sees Soham remain in 18th place with the visit of league leaders Hitchin scheduled for Tuesday evening.