Rangers seal semi success
SUNDAY FOOTBALL M & E FREEMAN CUP SEMI-FINAL Ely Park Rangers Reserves reached the final of the competition with a 4-1 win at YMCA Cambridge. Ian Walters scored the only goal of the opening 45 minutes, and Matt Brodie doubled the advantage after playing a
M & E FREEMAN CUP SEMI-FINAL
Ely Park Rangers Reserves reached the final of the competition with a 4-1 win at YMCA Cambridge.
Ian Walters scored the only goal of the opening 45 minutes, and Matt Brodie doubled the advantage after playing a neat one-two with Steve Pollard.
You may also want to watch:
Pollard himself put the tie beyond reach with a shot from the edge of the area, and then added number four after YMCA had grabbed a deserved consolation.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
IN the league, 10-man Ely Park Rangers suffered a 6-1 Senior Division defeat at Ickleton, with Andrew Lee the lone goalscorer.
Fox Burwell lost 4-0 at Lakenheath Eagles in Division 3A, and Little Downham United were humbled 9-0 at home by Jockeys in 4A.
Little Thetford Lions lead 1-0 at the break against Ely Pymoor Rangers in the Second Division of the Tucker Gardner Partnership League, but missed a late penalty on their way to a 3-1 defeat.
Second half goals from a home defender, Steve Evans and Neil Garner secured all three points for Rangers.