Rangers Run Ended At Rothwell
SOHAM Town Rangers recent unbeaten run was brought to an end of Tuesday night as they went down 4-2 at Rothwell Town. Though the Greens competed admirably in the first-half, they were overrun in the latter stages and ultimately slipped to their first defe
SOHAM Town Rangers recent unbeaten run was brought to an end of Tuesday night as they went down 4-2 at Rothwell Town.
Though the Greens competed admirably in the first-half, they were overrun in the latter stages and ultimately slipped to their first defeat in four matches.
Ian Benjamin's side has been scheduled to visit Rothwell on Saturday but adverse weather conditions forced match officials to postpone the game until Tuesday evening.
Clearly unsettled by the lengthy trip, the Greens began sluggishly and found themselves 2-0 down after 16 minutes as the Bones poured forward in numbers.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Flannigan put the home side ahead on 14 minutes and a despondent Soham were hit again two miuntes later as Brett Darby netted.
After half-time the Greens stabilised and found a way back into the game as Scott Carter increased his tally for the season with a fine strike.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
Despite sustained pressure in the ensuing minutes, Benjamin's men were unable to find the breakthrough and the points were all but sealed after 71 minutes as Kevin Byrne netted.
In the dying minutes the Greens again found a glimmer of hope as youngster Deakan Napier scored but it wasn't to be as Rothwell added a final goal with two minutes left.