Rangers Reserves hand out drubbing in the battle of Soham
- Credit: Archant
Soham United 0 Soham Town Rangers Reserves 8
A Matthew Simpson hat-trick gave Rangers’ reserves bragging rights in Soham this weekend as the young side embarrassed their opponents.
Rangers’ manager Andrew Lee said the score line “flattered” his team but hoped the win could inspire a surge up the table after a so far indifferent campaign.
Simpson’s hat-trick, two goals each from Liam Hart and substitute Mason Newman and an own-goal gave the side a resounding victory.
The first goal didn’t come until the 30th minute and the side only went in 2-0 at half-time; however, the third goal, early in the second half, opened the flood gates.
You may also want to watch:
As United pushed forward to salvage some pride they were caught on the counter by Rangers’ young, speedy squad.
Lee said: “It’s always good to win a derby game. A lot of our players have grown up with the opposition so it gives them bragging rights.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months