Rangers join region’s sides in full points haul
SIX points from two games – that has been the return for Ely City, Soham Town Rangers and Mildenhall Town this week. Soham Town Rangers maintained their challenge at the top of the league with a 3-1 win at Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday. Soham s week began w
SIX points from two games - that has been the return for Ely City, Soham Town Rangers and Mildenhall Town this week.
Soham Town Rangers maintained their challenge at the top of the league with a 3-1 win at Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday.
Soham's week began with victory on Saturday when Andy Furnell's brace helped Rangers to a 4-0 win at home to Swaffham Town.
Furnell opened his side's account with a header on 10 minutes and he despatched a penalty on 36 minutes to put the home side 2-0 up.
Stuart Williams made it 3-0 with 10 minutes remaining and Darren Jimson's strike rounded-off a fine display.
Mildenhall proved too strong for Wisbech Town on Tuesday. Goals from Ben Cranfield, Matt Robinson and Joey Abbs put Mildenhall 3-0 up before Stuart Cobb netted a consolation.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Mildenhall also picked up three points away on Saturday. John Taylor returned this week after signing from Newmarket Town and he marked his return with the winning goal at Lowestoft.
Ely City's 2-1 win at home to Saffron Walden Town in midweek followed a 1-0 victory at Thetford Town.
Robbie Mason's goal on 32 minutes proved to be the match-winner at Thetford.
Soham Town Rangers are pictured with Stephen Reid and David Braybrooke from sponsors 3Q Sports.