Rangers hit for six
Sunday football CAMBS FA MILLENIUM CUP QUARTER-FINAL ELY Park Rangers Reserves – 6-1 winners against Babraham in a recent M & E Freeman Junior Cup tie – were themselves hit for six as they faced the same opponents in this Millennium Cup encounter. Rangers
CAMBS FA MILLENIUM CUP QUARTER-FINAL
ELY Park Rangers Reserves - 6-1 winners against Babraham in a recent M & E Freeman Junior Cup tie - were themselves hit for six as they faced the same opponents in this Millennium Cup encounter.
Rangers looked complacent and soon found themselves a goal in arrears, but Erhan Okay managed to get them back on level terms.
You may also want to watch:
Goals either side of the break put Babraham in control, and Ely needed a goal from Gareth Arter to give them some hope with 10 minutes remaining.
Matt Brodie, Danny Mitchell and Arter all went close before Rangers - increasingly committed to attack - conceded three more goals in the closing minutes.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
FOX Burwell continued their fine run with a 5-1 victory at home to QAPR, but Wicken Maids Head had to settle for a share of the spoils at Lakenheath Eagles.
The hosts led by virtue of a free-kick on the half-hour mark, but Wicken got back on terms soon after the break when Jason Fretwell fired home on the rebound.
There were relatively few chances at either end, but the visitors were grateful for a fine save from Nobby Clarke midway through the second half to keep it at 1-1.