Rangers Come From Behind To Secure Point At Sudbury
AFC Sudbury 2 Soham Town Rangers 2 A VASTLY improved Soham Town Rangers side twice came from behind to secure a valuable draw at AFC Sudbury on Tuesday night. The Greens have been in indifferent form of late but raised hopes that a strong finish to the se
AFC Sudbury 2
Soham Town Rangers 2
A VASTLY improved Soham Town Rangers side twice came from behind to secure a valuable draw at AFC Sudbury on Tuesday night.
The Greens have been in indifferent form of late but raised hopes that a strong finish to the season is within their grasp after twice coming from behind to earn a point against Sudbury.
You may also want to watch:
The draw moves Ian Benjamin's men into 16th place ahead of tonight's (Thursday) clash with mid-table Arlesey Town.
The game itself, got off to a disastrous start for the Greens as, with just two minutes on the clock, the hosts moved into the lead through Sam Clarke.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
The Greens quickly brushed off the setback though, and after a number of strong chances they restored parity in the 20th minute after talisman Michael Simpson worked a yard of space to net.
The game poised at 1-1 would have provided Benjamin's side the ideal platform to push on in the second-half but it wasn't to be as, a matter of minutes before the whistle, Sudbury again took the lead, this time via Danny Brown.
Desperate to get back on terms, Soham upped their work rate in the second-half and their endeavour paid off just past the hour mark as Dubi Ogbonna notched his 14th goal of the season.
There were half-chances for either side as the game progressed but some resilient defending ensured that neither of the sides afforded the opposition any clear cut opportunities in the latter stages of the game.