Quick-fire goals help revive title challenge
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 2 Ipswich Wanderers 0 TWO goals in two first-half minutes put Mildenhall s title challenge back on track. Defender Lee Wilson completed a flowing passing move with a composed finish into the bottom corner
Mildenhall Town 2 Ipswich Wanderers 0
TWO goals in two first-half minutes put Mildenhall's title challenge back on track.
You may also want to watch:
Defender Lee Wilson completed a flowing passing move with a composed finish into the bottom corner in the 12th-minute, before Liam Harrold finished from an acute angle after fine play from Ozie Foster.
Mildenhall continued to dominate the rest of the first half of Saturday's match and were unfortunate to not be further ahead by the interval.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Ipswich gave the hosts a couple of nervous moments in the early stages of the second half, but Ben Nower was in top form to deny Rene Swann, then Danny Smy.
Niall Inman skewed wide from close range as the hosts attempted to wrap up victory and a spectacular save from a combination of Nower and Andy Eady in the 80th minute ensured that Town kept a clean sheet.
- Mildenhall play King's Lynn Reserves away on Saturday and Felixstowe at home on Tuesday night.