Pulling together at top of league
RIDGEONS LEAGUE, PREMIER DIVISION Ipswich Wanderers 1 Mildenhall Town 2 MILDENHALL moved a point clear at the top of the table with their fourth successive league win on Saturday. Despite playing at home, Ipswich set their stall out to defend with a 4-5
Ipswich Wanderers 1
Mildenhall Town 2
You may also want to watch:
MILDENHALL moved a point clear at the top of the table with their fourth successive league win on Saturday.
Despite playing at home, Ipswich set their stall out to defend with a 4-5-1 formation.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
Mildenhall goalkeeper Ben Nower took an assist in the first goal in the 17th minute, when his long goal kick reached Ozzie Foster, who controlled with his first touch and then, when running away from goal, struck the ball across the Ipswich 'keeper and into the bottom corner of the net, with his second.
Ipswich replied 10 minutes later when Mildenhall were caught napping and an Ipswich forward sneaked in unnoticed at the back post.
'hall took the lead 10 minutes into the second half through a corner which was flicked on by Graham Rush and finished with a Matty Clements header at the far post.
Ipswich persisted with a direct physical approach in their search for an equaliser but the visitors defended well as a unit, with Andy Eady and Rush superb in the centre of defence, and Nower's goal never looked threatened for the rest of the match.
Assistant manager Goddard said: "The atmosphere in the dressing room is superb at the moment, with everyone pulling together and wanting to play well and nobody let us down out there."
- Mildenhall's next match is at home against King's Lynn Reserves in the league on Saturday.