PREMIERSHIP trophy arrives in Ely
FOOTBALL fans had the chance to emulate their heroes on Thursday with the arrival of the Premier League Trophy in Ely. The trophy was on display at Barclays Bank, High Street throughout the day with fans having the chance to get their picture taken with
FOOTBALL fans had the chance to emulate their heroes on Thursday with the arrival of the Premier League Trophy in Ely.
The trophy was on display at Barclays Bank, High Street throughout the day with fans having the chance to get their picture taken with the hallowed silverware free of charge.
Bank worker and Manchester United fan Rhian Attewell said "There was a huge queue outside the bank at the start of today and I think people were really excited about seeing the trophy
"Everybody has been really positive about the trophy being in Ely and I think some people have been taken aback that the real thing is on display here."
You may also want to watch:
The trophy, which weighs four stone and is made of solid silver, is in Ely as a part of its worldwide tour and is also helping to bring in donations for the bank's Children In Need campaign.
Barclays representative Keith Russell said, "This is the hardest working trophy in the world. It has been to Kenya, India and Dubai to name a few and in the seven years I have been with it we have never had a problem with the people who come to get a photo taken.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash