Port Through To Cup Semi
LITTLEPORT progressed to the semi-finals of the Lower Junior Cup after overcoming a plucky Elmdon side by 32 runs. Sent in to bat first, Littleport thrived in the sunshine and clattered their way to a respectable total of 184. Brady Stone led the way for
LITTLEPORT progressed to the semi-finals of the Lower Junior Cup after overcoming a plucky Elmdon side by 32 runs.
Sent in to bat first, Littleport thrived in the sunshine and clattered their way to a respectable total of 184. Brady Stone led the way for the home side with a boundary filled knock of 53.
Keen to ram home their advantage, Littleport's three-pronged pace attack of Doug Marsh (4-26), Trevor Berry (3-30) and Nick Marsh (2-9) took Elmdon to task and save for a brief middle order rally, they dismissed the visitors for 152.
Littleport 2nd XI meanwhile, made light work of Burwell as they claimed a resounding 10 wicket victory.
You may also want to watch:
Opting to bowl first, Port struck blow after blow on an ailing Burwell side, with Doug Marsh (6-16) weighing in with a fine spell of bowling to see the visitors all out for 121.
Port knocked off their total with the epitome of ease with A Buxton (67) and L Buxton (32) smashing their way to the meagre target in a little shy of the 20 over mark, an irresistible scoring rate of around six an over.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k