Port Through To Cup Semi
LITTLEPORT progressed to the semi-finals of the Lower Junior Cup after overcoming a plucky Elmdon side by 32 runs. Sent in to bat first, Littleport thrived in the sunshine and clattered their way to a respectable total of 184. Brady Stone led the way for
LITTLEPORT progressed to the semi-finals of the Lower Junior Cup after overcoming a plucky Elmdon side by 32 runs.
Sent in to bat first, Littleport thrived in the sunshine and clattered their way to a respectable total of 184. Brady Stone led the way for the home side with a boundary filled knock of 53.
Keen to ram home their advantage, Littleport's three-pronged pace attack of Doug Marsh (4-26), Trevor Berry (3-30) and Nick Marsh (2-9) took Elmdon to task and save for a brief middle order rally, they dismissed the visitors for 152.
Littleport 2nd XI meanwhile, made light work of Burwell as they claimed a resounding 10 wicket victory.
You may also want to watch:
Opting to bowl first, Port struck blow after blow on an ailing Burwell side, with Doug Marsh (6-16) weighing in with a fine spell of bowling to see the visitors all out for 121.
Port knocked off their total with the epitome of ease with A Buxton (67) and L Buxton (32) smashing their way to the meagre target in a little shy of the 20 over mark, an irresistible scoring rate of around six an over.
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 4 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 No fairytale debut for Brett after falling at first hurdle