Port slip to first defeat of the new season
- Credit: Archant
CCA Division 1N Littleport endured their first defeat of the new campaign at the hands of Milton.
Littleport went into bat first and recorded what might have been a winning score - some 155 all out - against a lesser side.
Openers Ishmeet Singh Arora and Scott Connop both fell cheaply, for 19 and 9 respectively, and third man in James South, didn’t fare much better, dismissed for only 7.
But in-form Andy Race did a great job for the hosts - hitting a magnificent 70 not out to guide Port on to 155.
However, determination was not enough for Littleport and the visitors were relentless in their pursuit, scoring 156 for the loss of only two wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Milton’s Graeme Newton was unbeaten on 67 hitting, five fours and a six off 75 balls. Rigved Pathak made nine before being dismissed by Conor Logan and Liam Dye was eventually bowled by Doug Marsh for 60.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her