Popular running course to re-launch in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Running The popular Get Running course for beginners is set to return to Ely from next month and organisers Ely Runners are urging people to sign up.
The club launched the course in July last year and the 10-week series proved so popular that the club, based at the Paradise Centre, has decided to host it again this year, starting on April 7.
The Get Running initiative is backed by Run England and is designed to introduce people to running and get people in Ely out enjoying exercise.
Leader, Lionel Smith, said: “We start the sessions with an introduction to the basics and we will work up over the 10 weeks until we will have the group running 5k and then we will take them to the Cambridge Part run, in Milton, on July 5.”
The club has a team of trained leaders ready to host the courses, which cost £15. The first session starts at 7pm at meets at the Paradise Centre. Participants must be aged 16 and older.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Visit www.elyrunners.co.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town