Pollard leads the way for Soham
MEN S LEAGUE Invincible Soham A s latest victims were Haddenham by a margin largely due to a 32-shot advantage on Alan Pollard s rink, but Littleport and City of Ely also won to stay in contention. Shock result of the week was Ely Beet B being pipped by
Invincible Soham A's latest victims were Haddenham by a margin largely due to a 32-shot advantage on Alan Pollard's rink, but Littleport and City of Ely also won to stay in contention.
Shock result of the week was Ely Beet B being pipped by two shots by Chippenham, who had been bottom, allowing Newmarket to slip into fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
Soham B's impressive form continued with two more victories putting them way ahead, the one point they dropped at City of Ely being only the second conceded in eight matches.
This week's game could be their toughest challenge as they travel to Isleham, who are runners-up at present. Next are Soham A, who have a game in hand, while at the other end of the table Ely Beet await their first win.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
AFTERNOON LEAGUE DIVISION 1
Mitchell Lodge's lead at the top narrowed as they suffered their first defeat at home to Littleport A, who also beat Soham.
Soham's start to the campaign has been disappointing with just one win out of six in a league of which they have been champions six times. Fordham B had two victories to edge away from their A team promoted this year.
AFTERNOON LEAGUE DIVISION 2
Milton were unbeaten in May but started June by going down at Hiams.
Three days later, they failed on all rinks at home to Newmarket A, who are the new number ones by virtue of a better shot difference.
Newmarket B picked up 10 points to reach third spot in the table but there is no change in the bottom half.