Points on the board as season gets under way for King
- Credit: Archant
Karting starlet Bryony King put in a solid point-scoring performance in the first round of the Little Green Man racing series on Saturday.
The teenager recovered from a difficult qualifying session to post a top 10 finish in the final race, notching up some useful points as the season kicks off.
The Ely kart racer started the weekend with a good test day on Saturday but wasn’t at her best in the time qualifying sessions, coming home in 11th out of the 56 entered.
The pre final started off well, and King found herself in sixth place, though some issues with the kart and mistakes meant she finished the race in 12th.
In the A final, King started in 23rd position and knew she would have to finish in the top 10 to score points.
You may also want to watch:
And, despite a few crashes, Bryony made it home in eighth.
Round two is being held this weekend in Kimbolton, near Huntingdon.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
King said: “Many thanks to Litchfield Motorsport for a good start to the season and to my sponsors, Atrium Club and Fusion Graphics.”