Points on the board as season gets under way for King
- Credit: Archant
Karting starlet Bryony King put in a solid point-scoring performance in the first round of the Little Green Man racing series on Saturday.
The teenager recovered from a difficult qualifying session to post a top 10 finish in the final race, notching up some useful points as the season kicks off.
The Ely kart racer started the weekend with a good test day on Saturday but wasn’t at her best in the time qualifying sessions, coming home in 11th out of the 56 entered.
The pre final started off well, and King found herself in sixth place, though some issues with the kart and mistakes meant she finished the race in 12th.
In the A final, King started in 23rd position and knew she would have to finish in the top 10 to score points.
And, despite a few crashes, Bryony made it home in eighth.
Round two is being held this weekend in Kimbolton, near Huntingdon.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 8 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 9 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
King said: “Many thanks to Litchfield Motorsport for a good start to the season and to my sponsors, Atrium Club and Fusion Graphics.”