Pivotal Weekend For The Greens
A TOUGH task awaits Ian Benjamin s Soham this weekend as they welcome high-flyers Leighton Town to The Lane. Soham s form has been indifferent of late with just two wins out of the last five but good performances have gone unrewarded and the Simpson Smi
A TOUGH task awaits Ian Benjamin's Soham this weekend as they welcome high-flyers Leighton Town to The Lane.
Soham's form has been indifferent of late with just two wins out of the last five but good performances have gone unrewarded and the 'Simpson Smile' should be firmly back on the everyone's faces as the new signing makes his first appearance back in front of the partisan crowd.
Visitors Leighton will prove a stern test though, having won four out of their last five games. They currently sit fourth in the BGB Midlands League and have the League's second top goalscorer, Ben Gallant, at their disposal.
Gallant has been in a goalscoring mood of late having notched up three goals in his last four outings and The Green's defence will have to be on-guard as they have conceded seven goals in their last five games.
You may also want to watch:
A win would move Benjamin's side onto 20 points and potentially into the top-half while a loss could see them start to slip towards the dog-fight in the league's lower rungs.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut