Perfect 10 for unbeaten Robins
Wroxham 2 Ely City 2
IT was a perfect 10 for Ely on Saturday as they secured a draw with high-flyers Wroxham to stretch their unbeaten run into double figures.
And the Robins were just seconds away from marking their milestone with a win only for the home side to force an equaliser deep into added time.
Their 10-game unbeaten run is the best seen at the club since the 2007-08 season when they went 13 games unbeaten and went on to win promotion from the Ridgeons League Division One.
The point sees Alan Alsop’s men climb up into seventh place in the Ridgeons Premier League, ahead of their clash with play-off hopefuls Gorelston on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
City moved into the lead with 20 minutes on the clock as midfielder James Wallis marked his return to the club with a deft free-kick which left the keeper no chance.
Andy Eastaugh levelled matters for the home side before half-time however, to peg Ely back.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
The Robins carried their momentum through into the second half however, and took the lead once more through Josh Bridgeman, who made no mistake from the spot after being hauled down.
Wroxham piled on the pressure in the latter stages of the match in a bid to salvage a point and their persistence finally told in injury time as striker Ben Thompson force home from close range amid a gaggle of defenders.