Parkinson stunner earns point for Robins
Late free-kick secures draw for Ely
A GOAL two minutes from time earned Ely City a much needed point at struggling Walsham-le-Willows on Saturday.
Left back Sam Parkinson rescued a point for Alan Alsop’s side with a sublime free-kick after the Robins had fallen behind late in the first half.
The point kept City in 17th place in the Ridgeons Premier League ahead of their clash with newcomers Hadleigh United at the Unwin Ground on Saturday.
The visitors fell behind in the 40th minute after Walsham’s Gavin Johnson blasted home a free-kick from the edge of the area.
You may also want to watch:
The Robins pressed hard to get back into the match in the second half, and laid siege to the home goal in a desperate last 10 minute spell.
Ely’s reward finally came with less than two minutes on the clock as Parkinson curled home after defender Adam Murray had been felled a few yards outside the box.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning